also known as: compassion, lovingkindness
compassion for the miserable
Its object is misery. By the atoning sacrifice of Christ, a way is open for the exercise of mercy towards the sons of men, in harmony with the demands of truth and righteousness (Genesis 19:19; Exodus 20:6; 34:6-7; Psalms 85:10; 86:15-16).
In Christ, mercy and truth meet together.
Mercy is also a Christian grace
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. —Matthew 5:7 NASB
Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you? —Matthew 18:33 NASB
- love of God
- Is there an actual place called “Hell”? Answer
- Why was Hell made? Answer
- Is there anyone in Hell today? Answer
- Will there literally be a burning fire in Hell? Answer
- What should you be willing to do to stay out of Hell? Answer
- How can a God of love send anybody to Hell? Answer
- What if I don’t believe in Hell? Answer
- THE GOOD NEWS—How to be saved from Hell. Answer