ChristianAnswers.Net WebBible Encyclopedia
(1 Cor. 12:28)
the powers which fit a man for a place of influence in the church; “the steersman’s art; the art of guiding aright the vessel of church or state”
- chiefs of Asia
- government of God
- Millennium—government by God for 1000 years on Earth
- VOTING—Do Christians have an obligation to vote? Answer
- SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE—When did the government pass this law and where can it be found? Answer
- Where should Christians draw the line in trying to make the U.S. a Christian nation? Answer
There is a line a nation crosses in violating the free exercise of religion, as well as the freedom of conscience. In America, this “line” has shifted over the years. Where is it now?
- Should Christians seek political power or should we only focus on evangelism? Answer
In the often shady world of politics, it is usually the last place a Christian wants to be. But should Christians really be focused on seeking political office? Here are some thought-provoking reasons why Christ’s ambassadors should not shy away from being the public’s ambassadors in government.
- PATRIOTISM—Does being a Christian mean that I should be patriotic? Answer
- POLITICAL CORRECTNESS—How important is it? Answer
- MORALITY—What part should morality play in politics? Answer
- CHARACTER—Does character matter in political leaders? Answer
The scandals surrounding America’s political leaders raise the question of whether character matters in a leader. This topic is dealt with from a Biblical and American historical point of view.
- THE TEN COMMANDMENTS—Does American government need the Ten Commandments anymore? Answer
The Ten Commandments have become a hotly debated topic in America’s public spotlight. Here is a historical and current-events overlook concerning the most popular set of rules delivered by God over 3,000 years ago.
- What role should the Bible and Christianity play in America? Answer
It is often stated that there is a “separation of church and state,” disallowing Christianity from influencing our nation in matters of public interest. Is this type of censorship valid and beneficial to the United Sates?
- Questions and Biblical answers on social issues and government