ChristianAnswers.Net WebBible Encyclopedia
The human body is mentioned numerous times in the Bible (Matthew 6:22; Romans 8:10; 1 Corinthians 15:25; James 3:2; Deuternonomy 28:4; etc.).
…present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice… —Romans 12:1 NASB
…the body is not for immorality, but for the Lord… —1 Corinthians 6:13 NASB
…while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord… —2 Corinthians 5:6 NASB
For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. —1 Corinthians 12:12 NASB
The body of Adam, the first human, was created by God—formed not from nothing nor from any creature nor from stardust, but from the dust of the Earth ( Genesis2:7).
The body of the Second Adam (Jesus Christ) was also created by God (Hebrews 10:5) and born of a virgin (see: Mary, mother of Jesus).
The body of Eve, the first woman, was made from the body of Adam (one of his ribs) by God (Genesis 2:20-24).
Every other human body has been created by sexual reproduction.
Angels, although they are spirits (Hebrews 1:14), are capable of appearing as if they have a human body (Hebrews 13:2).
Parts of the human body mentioned in the Bible
- blood—Leviticus 12:4; etc.
- brain (not directly mentioned in Scripture, but the “mind” is, as well as thoughts, sleeping, dreaming, wisdom and foolishness—and so is decapitation—severing the brain from the body)
- brow—Isaiah 48:4
- channelbone (collar bone)
- feet, foot
- head—see: head dress, head bands, crown, bonnet, diadem, hat, kerchief, mitre
- palms—Leviticus 14:15; 1 Samuel 5:4; 2 Kings 9:35; Daniel 10:10; Isaiah 49:16; Mark 14:65; Matthew 26:67; Revelation 7:9
- nails—Daniel 7:19; 4:33; Deuteronomy 21:12
- temples—Judges 5:26; Song of Songs 4:3; 6:8