ChristianAnswers.Net WebBible Encyclopedia
Meaning: sinful longing
Lust is an inward sin which leads to a falling away from God (Rom. 1:21).
“Lust, the origin of sin, has its place in the heart, not of necessity, but because it is the center of all moral forces and impulses and of spiritual activity.”
In Mark 4:19 “lusts” are objects of desire.
Answers to frequently asked questions about lust
- LUST—What does the Bible say? Answer (the naked truth about lust)
- Is there a way to overcome my lust for “sex outside marriage”? Answer
- Should I save sex for marriage? Answer
- My boyfriend wants to have sex. I don’t want to lose him. What should I do? Answer
- How far is too far? What are the guidelines for dating relationships? Answer
- What are the consequences of sexual immorality? Answer
- PORNOGRAPHY—How can I tell if I’m getting addicted to pornography or sex? Answer
- TEMPTATIONS—How can I deal with temptations? Answer
- TRUE LOVE—What is true love and how do you know when you have found it? Answer